It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in the Greater New Orleans
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating Greater New Orleans about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen New Orleans serves thousands of women in the Greater New Orleans area as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured New Orleans residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower New Orleans residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1992, Komen New Orleans has invested more than $5.7 million via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served New Orleans residents.
Komen New Orleans
is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating New Orleans
about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen New Orleans
funding provided the following in the 2015-2016 grant cycle:
- 2,444 mammograms
- 840 clinical breast exams
- 218 women received treatment assistance
- 597 women received breast cancer diagnostic services
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.