How to Form or Re-Form a Team
- Go to www.KomenNewOrleans.org and Click on the “Register Now” link.
- Click on “Start a Team” or “Re-Form a Team” and complete the “Log In” information that applies to you.
- Enter your new team name or after you “Log In”, your previous team name will be on the right side of the screen. Click on “Bring Back (previous team name)” if you are re-forming a team.
- Register and select your participation type, individual fundraising goal, and pay by credit card. To register more than one individual on the same credit card, click on “Register Another Person.”
- Keep your username and password so you can visit your Participant Center page and watch your progress.
- Start fundraising by using the handy tools to send emails to your friends, family members and others. Many people appreciate the opportunity to donate to our lifesaving mission.
Important! Please do not opt out of email notifications! We want to keep you updated with essential Race and Team Captain information sent via email. Add us to your address book so important info isn’t marked as spam.
Important Packet Pickup Details
Packet Pickup is your opportunity to pick up your entire team’s shirts and registration numbers before Race Day.
When: Friday, October 17th (10AM-2PM) and Saturday, October 18th (10AM-4PM)
Where: New Orleans Fair Grounds (1751 Gentilly Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70119)
What: All registered participants will receive a white (adult/teen), yellow (Kids for the Cure), or pink
(Survivor) registration number in addition to an official Race t-shirt. Survivors will additionally receive a pink Survivor t-shirt.
Don’t Forget! Only teams with at least 10 team members will be packed ahead of time for pick up. Be sure to register at least 10 members on your team to receive first availability of shirts and sizes.
|***Remember! Only registered participants will be allowed in the Race Expo Area before, during, and after the Race. Everyone participating in the 5K/1 mile and/or visiting the Food and Sponsor booths must register as a participant and wear a race number at all times.***|
Team T-shirt Contest
Design a t-shirt to show your team spirit! If you have a special t-shirt that your team will wear for the Race, please email all proposed t-shirt designs in a .jpg format saved as your EXACT team name to Teams@KomenNewOrleans.org for approval by Wednesday, October 1st. Approved shirts submitted by the deadline will receive access to official Komen logos for use on the shirt. The Teams Committee reserves the right in its sole discretion to choose not to display any designs that include profanity, inappropriate or explicit language, drug or alcoholic use, or any other representations it deems inappropriate or potentially offensive to participants.
Bring one PRE-APPROVED t-shirt to the Komen office by Monday, October 13th (the first 28 approved t-shirts will be entered in the contest). The t-shirts will be displayed at Packet Pick-up and on Race Day. Encourage all your friends and family to stop by the tent to vote on their favorite t-shirt with donations. The t-shirt that receives the most donations wins. These donations will be added to the team’s fundraising goals. An award will be given for the winning team t-shirt that receives the most donations. We will display all the t-shirts entered into the contest on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/KomenNewOrleans
Celebrate with your team members and show your team spirit by setting up your own team’s tailgate in the Race Day Teams Village! Email Teams@KomenNewOrleans.org to register for the Teams Village by Monday, October 20th. Eligible teams must have at least 10 registered Race participants and fundraise a minimum of $2,000 by Monday, October 20th. Space is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis for eligible teams. Awards are available for the team with the best decorated Teams Village area.