The 2019-2020 Request for Applications (RFA) for Komen New Orleans Community Grants is now closed.
Stay tuned for the opening of our Fiscal Year 2020-2021 grant application period which will be in December 2019.
Community Grant Funding
For future applicants, Komen New Orleans Community Based Grants are to be submitted through an online Grant e-Management System (GeMS) at affiliategrants.komen.org. To learn more about GeMS and applying for a Community Based Grant, please refer to this Affiliate Grantee Manual v2.3. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-455-7310.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Applications will only be accepted from governmental organizations under Section 170(c)(1) or nonprofit organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code. Applicants must prove tax‐exempt status by providing a letter of determination from the IRS.
- Proposed projects must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer and address the priorities identified within this RFA. If a project includes other health issues along with breast cancer, such as a breast and cervical cancer project, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion.
- All past and current Komen-funded projects must be in compliance with Komen requirements.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety in the 12 months prior to the submission deadline for the application, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant until 12 months after the conviction. After such 12-month period, applicant must demonstrate in its application that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct will not recur.
- Applicant organizations should provide services to residents of one or more of the following locations:
- Jefferson Parish
- Orleans Parish
- Plaquemines Parish
- St. Bernard Parish
- St. Charles Parish
- St. John the Baptist Parish
- St. Tammany Parish
- Washington Parish
- A neighboring parish/county upon approval from Komen New Orleans
Request for Application (RFA)
The Request for Application (RFA) is built around the Susan G. Komen New Orleans’ Funding Priorities which convey the guidelines for the types of programs we are willing to fund. The Funding Priorities and RFA are both based on findings from our 2015 Community Profile.
The RFA also sets the rules for applying for Komen Affiliate grants, including deliverables under the grant contract, evaluation criteria, grants structure and budget and other qualifying guidelines that must be met before the proposal is sent to review.
The RFA for our next grant cycle will be available here in December 2019.
Please use the user guide below for instructions on how to navigate through GeMS.
Important Dates for the current Grant Cycle:
- Application Deadline – January 28, 2019
- Award Notification – Friday, April 5, 2019
- Award Period – April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020
- Mid-Term Report Due – November 15, 2019
- Final Report Due – May 15, 2020