SGK New Orleans Community Grant application period is now open.
How to Apply for Funding
Thank you for your interest in the Komen New Orleans Affiliate grants program. The application period for the 2018-2019 grant cycle is now open.
To learn more about GeMS and Community Based Grants, please refer to this GeMS Grantee Manual v2.2. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-455-7310.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community-Based Grant, your organization must be:
- All past and current Komen-funded grants or awards to applicant are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements, including completion of reporting requirements for previously awarded community and small grants.
- Projects providing screening services must document a mechanism to provide the necessary follow-up services if they will not provide the services themselves (e.g. written documentation outlining a referral system or partnerships in place).
- Applicant must be a 501(c)3 and have tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Applicant must be a non-profit organization located in or providing services to one or more of the following locations: Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, and Washington parishes.
- Projects must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer. If a project is a combined breast and cervical cancer project, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion of the project.
- If the applicant or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety, then the applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant during this current cycle. The applicant will not be eligible to apply for a new grant until the later of 12 months after the conviction or until applicant can demonstrate that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
Request for Application (RFA)
The Request for Application (RFA) is built around the Susan G. Komen New Orleans’ Funding Priorities which convey the guidelines for the types of programs we are willing to fund. The Funding Priorities and RFA are both based on findings from our 2015 Community Profile.
The RFA also sets the rules for applying for Komen Affiliate grants, including deliverables under the grant contract, evaluation criteria, grants structure and budget and other qualifying guidelines that must be met before the proposal is sent to review.
Please use the user guide below for instructions on how to navigate through GeMS.